Since the introduction of online degree programs, more and more colleges and universities offer online degree programs with subject areas range from business to nursing, degrees from Bachelor to MBAs and Ph.Ds. Online degree programs enable busy people to pursue their degree from any places and at their own schedule.
But, with the rapid growth and high demand in online degree programs, many fake online degree programs have been introduced by unaccredited online universities. Mistakenly earning a fake online degree definitely will not help in your educational journey. Thus, if you are considering online universities for your degree or career training, there are a few important points to consider in choosing your online degree offers by online university. This article will lists down 8 of them for your reference:
1. How long has the universities been established? While a short educational history is not a red flag, a long-standing position in the educational committee is a sign of institutional security and reputability.
2. Is the online university accredited? Accreditation ensures a basic level of quality in the education you receive from an institution. It also ensures your degrees will be recognized for the true achievements they are. Most potential employers review a job applicant's educational history to make sure that he or she has received his or her education from a college, university, or program with accreditation. If your degree, diploma, or certificate comes from a school without accreditation, it could hurt your chances for future employment.
3. What is the institution's financial history/current position? Beware of fly-by-night operations that may not be in business next year!
4. What other expenses are associated with your selected online degree course? Many online degree programs may require you to attend some hours of physical classes or lab works. Thus, the online universities may assess additional items such as technology fees or lab costs.
5. Does the coursework of your selected online degree program meet your educational goal? Taking irrelevant courses may waste your time and money. Ask for a list of coursework of your selected degree program and review it against your educational goal before you decide to sign up.
6. How current is the course material? Ask for a list of current textbooks or other learning materials to ensure they are current and relevant.
7. What technological support is available to you as their online student? Online Universities normally has a webpage for online student which allow you to logon to view your coursework status, assignment submission, getting support from online university on any course related issues and access online library if any. Check with online university on these related information.
8. What student services are available to online students? Full advising, placement, and tutoring services may or may not be available to long-distance learners. Get this information from the online universities; it is important to know how much the online university can support you as their online student.
In conclusion, get as much as information on your selected online university's program and review it to see whether it is truthful in its advertising and recruiting and the most important is whether it meet your education need and career goal.